Is the Wrangler W5A580 gearbox service free?

Just a quick question around. I've seen on the four-wheeler magazine that the Wrangler gearbox in the newer Pentastar versions is a semi-sealed unit. It has a dip stick still, but unless the Jeep is commercially used, the gearbox is supposed to be virtually free of having to do any services (as in oil changes). As my car Jeep is coming closer to the magic 100,000 km mark I am wondering if I should include the gearbox oil in the next service cycle or get the transmission oil changed. Anyone here knows more? 

Scoteye

i would be getting the auto done, they need servicing just as much as ever. they are basically the same as older units and you dont want the valve body etc getting restricted with muck or abrasion happening due to contaminates. By gearbox do you mean transfer? If so they are a bit more resistant to wear and tear but should be a fairly straight forward drain and refill scenario, though i have little experience with jeeps.

More from our Forum

raviol00 in News and Updates
Games

Please suggest a game for me to play on my phone. Hello everyone. It may be a card game, but I want...

ThomasFrank in News and Updates
Need Some Auto Help

Hey everyone!  I'm looking to do an L5P CCV reroute on my truck. Any advice or tips on how to...

ThomasFrank in News and Updates
Questions Of Windows Replacement

Hey folks! I'm in the market for some window replacements for my home, and there are so many...

rosydam in Do-It-Yourself
Your Latest Modifications

Hey guys, just browsing for some ideas what to do next on my truck what was your most recent...

rosydam in Electrical Bromance
Oricom UHF380 Purchase/Review

Well seeing as the Tax man was really nice to me this year and let me have some of my money back I...

rosydam in General 4WD
Road Of Fury Racing Game

Play Road of Fury for free online at While driving along the Road of Fury heavily armed hostile...

JamieCrush in News and Updates
About Placing Bets

Hey folks, I've been hearing a lot about online gambling lately, especially placing bets on sports...

Graham28 in Offtopic
What Is The Difference Between Bitcoin And Bitcoin Cash

Hello everyone!!! New to cryptocurrencies and want to understand what is the difference between...