After Jeep owners have been pounded with bad news last week about a hacked Jeep we are now having some good news for you. The well-known car tuner SuperChips is about to release it's newest vehicle tuning and monitoring device called TrailDash2(TD2). The upgraded device comes now in a slim case and sports a 5" full-color high-resolution display.
The interface has been vastly modernised and shows now high-definition gauges for all kinds of monitoring sensors including engine temperature, tyre pressure and inclinometer. It also lets you adjust your speedometer to make up for bigger tyre sizes and optimizes your ESP Stability Program. The new TrailDash2 also has been updated with a new simple HDMI-style plug for power and linking EAS accessories.
This trail dash does not only monitor you important vehicle specifications but also lets you engage lockers, bypass TPMS, enabling lights and various other Jeep modifications.
The SuperChips TrailDash2 is priced at 499 USD and ready for pre-ordering. At current the company advices that the TD2 has not been tested yet with Right-Hand-Drive vehicles but this will be only a matter of time as most of the other SuperChips products (such as the SuperChips FlashPaq 3870 Series) are working just fine.
At a Glance:
- Best-in-Class, 5", Full-Color, High-Resolution, Touch Screen
- Custom Color Mixer for Gauge Arcs, Needles, & Backgrounds - Multiple Gauge Screen Layouts
- Power Switch Gauge Screen to Engage LED Lights & Other Accessories
- Fully Customizable Backgrounds
- One Simple HDMI Plug for Power
- Easy Menu Navigation
- high definition touch screen
- Transmission performance* ('07-'10 JK Wrangler only) Inclinometer gauges
- Customizable digital gauges (Reads numerous PIDs)
- Maintenance Manager (schedule and track maintenance)
- Performance tests
- Corrects speedometer for tire upgrades between 26â? - 42â?
- Speedometer recalibration for gear /axle swaps up to 5.38
- Locking axle options with transfer case in 4-Hi & 4-Low (2007-14 Rubicon only)
- ESP stability optimization (2011-14 automatic transmission models only)
- Engine idle adjustability for winching
- Daytime running light options (2007-14 models only)
- One touch lane change
- TPMS Options (Download required)
- Radio delay options (2011-14 models only)
- Headlamp delay options (2011-14 models only)
- Horn chirp and exterior lighting flash options when locking doors with keyless entry
- Reads and clears trouble codes
- Monitor includes video input and can run backup or other camera accessories
- Internet updatable