Apparently the new Wrangler JL with the Pentastar V6 motor is getting an engine upgrade.
The new updated "PSU" Pentastar has already been implemented in the Grand Cherokee and has these new upgrades:
- 15% higher torque below 3k RPM
- >6% better gas mileage
- +5hp on Grand Cherokee
- 2-speed variable valve lift (one speed for better fuel economy and another for preserving power)
- Torque driven cam phasing valve timing system (cuts oil demand and reduces knock during hot starts, also works better with ESS).
- New fuel injectors allow for better atomization
- Internal friction reduced by using HG-R1 on the timing drive guide-faces, low-tension piston rings, new valve springs, carbon coated piston pins
- Lightest Pentastar ever (326 lbs)